The Donna Lynne Family
Since opening in 1996, Donna Lynne VanPuymbrouck has made it her priority to not just build homes, but to build lifelong relationships with her clients. In 2016, her daughter Heather Poynter joined the team and together they have continued to give every client a quality construction project that is completely personalized. Whether you are building a brand-new Fernandina Beach custom home or remodeling your home in Amelia Island, you become a part of the Donna Lynne family.
At Donna Lynne Custom Homes, personal service is paramount. They only build 10-12 custom homes per year, so every client gets the attention they deserve. From start to finish, they will walk with you every step of the way. Your home reflects your lifestyle and you will be amazed at the choices available for your personality to shine through.
Donna Lynne and Heather’s passion is helping you with your next project. By staying current and truly knowing the issues, the people, the laws, and the ordinances, hiring a professional like Donna Lynne Custom Homes will ease the process for anyone who needs a building or construction permit in Fernandina Beach.
Donna Lynne and Heather make it a priority to give back to the community through volunteer efforts and donations of time and resources. They strive to be a good neighbor to help better the quality of life in Nassau County.
Donna Lynne worked her way through the ranks in the male-dominated field of custom home construction earning awards, accolades, and respect along the way. For over 20 years, Donna Lynne has been focusing on the construction of higher-end homes and custom remodeling. What started as just a job working for a builder in Gainesville, Florida almost 40 years ago, turned out to be a discovered passion. Learning the processes behind color selection, design elements, financing, and real estate, she proudly earned her license to operate on her own and perform her ideal job.
Donna Lynne’s professionalism extends well beyond the construction industry as proven by her commitment to her family and the community. This busy wife, mother of three, grandmother of four, and avid Gator fan is involved in the following:
- Nassau Builders Council, President 2000, 2001, 2011, Board Member 1997 – Present
- Micah’s Place – Past Director
- First Coast Community Bank, Director 2003 – 2011
- Fernandina Beach High School Business Partners, Chair 2002 & 2003, Member 2000 – Present
- Amelia Island Fernandina Beach Yulee Chamber of Commerce, Director 2004 – 2008, Vice Chair 2006, Chair 2007
- Fernandina Beach High School Foundation, Board Member 2004, 2005
- Baptist Medical Center – Nassau, Director 2005 – 2020
- Amelia Island Rotary Sunrise Club – 2008 – 2015
- Family Support Systems, Board Member 2009 – 2015
Awards & Recognition
- 2004 Aurora Award – Best Energy Efficient Home
- 2006 Business Journal Women of Influence
- 2009 News-Leader Leading Women in Business
- 2010 Chamber of Commerce – Dr. Harry Halley Bow Tie Award for Distinguished Volunteer Service
Builder License #CBC057716
The VanPuymbrouck family moved to Amelia Island when Heather was just 5 years old. She has fond memories of growing up in this small-town community and hopes to continue in her mother’s footsteps of building long-lasting friendships while helping people create a place to call home!
As a former middle and high school teacher, Heather brings an organized approach to coordinating multiple subcontractors, selection details, and the components that make your custom home special. Heather enjoys the daily challenges that present themselves throughout the construction process and is always willing to problem solve to find a solution that works for all parties involved.
Heather has been mentoring under Donna Lynne since 2016 and has already achieved the difficult task of earning her Florida Builder’s License.
- Nassau Builders Council, President 2020, Board Member 2016-present
- Family Support Services 2016-present, Vice Chair 2019-present
- Fernandina Beach High School Business Partners, Board Member 2016-present
Builder License #CBC1263662